I’m Paul Joyce, Founder and CEO of Geckoboard. AMA!

Hi @paul,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to answer all the questions!

Your thoughtfulness and nuanced perspective shine through all the tactical and rather unobvious advice in here. I’m sure this AMA is going to be very useful for everyone!

I loved how expansive the insights are here — going from funding, to being, to the craft of entrepreneurship. And I esp. adore this honest and succinct nugget: “That requires inspiration, research and just a sprinkle of delusional thinking.”

Thank you, again, for joining us and sharing your lessons so generously. Hope to have you join us for another session very soon! :smile:

3 Likes

Also, a big thanks to @sofia, @davidhart, @ncameron, @Logesh, @jamesgill, @Akhilesh, and @Anushree for joining in today and making it a wonderful conversation. :rocket:

We’ll see you around for the next AMA soon. Stay tuned for more details!

2 Likes

Thanks @astha, @akash and the rest of the team. I enjoyed every minute of it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this most personal of founding decisions, here, Paul! This is admirable. And I couldn’t agree more. No matter the stage, I’m sure everyone here can attest to the never-ending, all-consuming demands of starting up. But constantly being aware of what one’s in for and what the long-haul can look like, helps recenter priorities. Also loved how you think about culture’s role in solidifying that original line in the sand: “now there are many eyes on the problem, not just mine. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Paul, this has been a great session. :slight_smile:

Thanks for doing it!

If there’s a more sincere and helpful, 12-point (manifesto?) brief on pricing, I’d be surprised. This brilliantly emphasises the twin pillars of pricing progress: 1) extending the boundaries by trying new models/schemes and developing an infrastructure that supports this experimentation, and 2) constantly revisiting the assumptions that define those very boundaries with thorough JTBD research!

Thanks, again, for sharing all these timeless reflections!

3 Likes