I'm Latif Nanji. Co-founder and CEO of Roadmunk. I love everything product management. AMA!

So one thing to qualify is Monthly is short term, and Annual is LONG term. Another 12 months to build product and retain is an incredible advantage. In fact its an 11/12th advantage, mathematically speaking.

The discounts are just our annual offering, so they stay forever.

1 Like

Just like anything in life you want to happen, you do it.

You put it in your calendar and you commit to it. Most founders cap out far earlier than they think, cannot recruit the right senior people who want a balanced approach to life.

Its really about finding something that helps you disconnect, reset and finding the ideal time to do that. I like the middle of the day and/or right after work. I feel like I get two days inside of one.

1 Like

Great question!

Thoughts.

One, have two champions, especially in your bigger accounts so they avoid churning. In the enterprise its cited often as the one big reasons for churn.

We don’t have a program, but its a great idea. People do bring their tools wherever they go. So make the product great, perhaps give them an incentive and they will adopt in their new roles (assuming less politics).

2 Likes

I’ll speak in general vs Roadmunk (can’t give all my juice away!)

Marketing and positioning are challenging depending on the space. Its highly contextual, but uniqueness in a crowded space is ultimately the move. Think about the project management market, its over-crowded like a NYC subway station. But there are ways that brands and organizations tailor messaging to specific champions and users that let them know the VALUE they will get.

And you offer identical value in the product (which is almost never true), then its about service, support, education and experience. And those have all sorts of possibilities.

Personal headspace on competition. There are people that say “Ignore your competition and listen to only your customers.” And others who say “Destroy all of them and be a monopoly.”

I’m somewhere in the middle. I think markets are much more difficult to cross-exam and so are users. I think you need to solid with a value prop, and attack with that hard, but also recognize that spaces like marketing automation can be cut in a zillion different ways – the question is, can you carve out an addressable market that is big enough that lets you have an advantage above all others?

3 Likes

Thank you Latif.
I think the key take away here is how to choose your customers wisely and then use that as a guidance to expose the list. Thanks!

1 Like

I love it. Bring it on. Best idea and data wins all day. I can be persuaded either way.

1 Like

Hi @latifnanji, thanks for the insightful answers. I’m sure they will be super useful. :slight_smile:

Hey everyone, Latif will be around to answer the rest of the questions later. Stay tuned!

Thank you!

Hi @latifnanji thank you for joining us for the AMA and answering the questions in detail! It was great having you onboard. :slight_smile:

And thanks to everyone who participated in the AMA. Hope to see you around for the upcoming AMAs as well. Stay tuned!

@shea.martin, @Claudiu, @jamesgill, @praveen, @wingman4sales, @Vengat, @Akhilesh :v: :zap: