I'm Mogens Møller. I'm CEO and Co-founder of Sleeknote. AMA!

Hi Murthy,

Thanks for your question.

Actually, most of the partners we have today come from Inbound which means they’ve contacted us because they want to become a partner. We haven’t had much success by reaching out to potential partners ourselves. There needs to be someone in that agency that has “fallen in love with us”. Otherwise, it’s really an uphill battle.

Then the interesting thing is: How do we get web agencies to reach out to us and become partners? :slight_smile:
The strategy we’ve found works best is to get common customers. If there’s a partner e.g. in the UK we really want to get, then we’ll figure out what customers this web-agency has. If we can get maybe just 3-5 of their bigger customers to use Sleeknote, then it’s likely they will reach out. If not, we still have a good case by reaching out ourselves because we have these common customers.

Regarding your second question. It’s funny because it’s actually really hard to predict which partner will become great. Some of our biggest partners are big SEM agencies and some are small email marketing agencies. Most times it’s a matter of how great one or more persons in the agency think Sleeknote is.

If they really really like Sleeknote, then a small agency with 50 customers can be amazing. If they get 90% of those customers to use Sleeknote, then it’s definitely an amazing partner for us.

So in short, the best partners are those that really get and understand what we do and how this can benefit their customers.

I hope it makes sense. Thanks again for your question :slight_smile:

2 Likes