I'm Mogens Møller. I'm CEO and Co-founder of Sleeknote. AMA!

Hi again Krish,

Great question.

I will highlight a few different things.

First of all the whole company do OKRs together each quarter. Both company OKRs but also OKRs for each department. We’ve done this for a few years now and it has really been a game-changer for us. It aligns all departments towards the same goals so we all run in the same direction. Very simple, and but yet so powerful.

Another thing, every quarter we fly in all our remote employees (when it’s not Covid-19 times) and do a meetup week. In this week we have a full-day Hackathon. This is one day where the whole company works together on a completely new feature or idea. The goal is to launch something before midnight.

A few days before the Hackathon we all pitch ideas to each other. 2 min. per idea. And then we vote and find the best idea which is gonna be the Hackathon project.

I really like these Hackathons and some of our greatest features today come from one of these Hackathons. It’s kind of a way to bypass our product roadmap and just do and implement something crazy and funny.

Regarding development, we’ve recently implemented the Shape-up methodology from Basecamp. I’m not an expert in this, but I know our development team really likes this and I can see we’re pumping out new features like never before after we started out using it :slight_smile: You can read more about it here: Shape Up: Stop Running in Circles and Ship Work that Matters | Basecamp

Hope it makes sense :smiley:

3 Likes