I'm Timo Rein, co-founder and ex-CEO of Pipedrive. AMA!

Hey Aditi,

Thank you, it’s a pleasure!

Here’s my recollection of practices we had at place that played an important part:

• Internal comms tool that was used by all to connect to people in other teams and locations.
  • Monthly town halls which were broadcasted from one physical location and received in all other locations virtually.
  • Goal management tool to check on work progress made. Same with a data analysis tool (and a proper data warehouse) to check on metrics.
  • Quarterly extended leadership sessions (in-person), 1-2 days - to be honest, this became very tough to replicate in remote conditions as we had 20+ people in this group.
  • Executive team meetings (twice a week), already virtual as our execs sat in different locations.
  • 1-1s with team members (once a week in my case with most of my team, i.e. leadership team).

I think our global web of locations helped us as we had had to build all of our key practices to be location agnostic, really. There were a few technical setup changes in some organizations (customer support, for example) but we were able to manage these over a short period of time. Oh yes, an operation of heavy documenting of ongoing and completed work that our teams always did was massively important, too.

4 Likes