I'm Ashwini! Founder and CEO of Vue.ai. AMA!

Hey Krish
So I have some strong and unfiltered opinions about this :sweat_smile:

Big news in AI is always hyped. Real progress in AI happens in the real world, in the context of your day to day business. And it can take months or years to see RoI or real value. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying its not exciting. The reason everything is so hyped about AI, is precisely because of how exciting it is. But as someone who plays a big role in advising our customers about noise vs. signal, I can say learning to filter through the hype and taking away some actionable items for your business is where the emphasis should be. Along those lines, here are a few:

• Focus on the use cases and problems you can solve: Ask yourself if you can use GPT-3 to build a new feature into your workflow? Can you improve the search you use? Can you improve customer support? Can you use this to generate automated emails and messages to customers? Copy on the website, perhaps? To filter out negative comments and reviews, so you can plan course of action?

• Does it scale? A large % of AI that is out there, whether it’s tools or solutions being put out - does not scale in production. This is actually one of the main reasons we started Mad Street Den. Separate the hype and demo from the ability to scale what you see in the context of the use cases you see.

• Experiment, iterate, deploy, learn. Like any other product development activity, if not even more - AI needs the care and time and cycle of experimentation and deployment and feedback - to see if it’s even relevant. We can fool ourselves into believing something is true, if the flash quotient is high :slight_smile: I’ve noticed this doesn’t last. Customers move onto the next thing and stop using this. We have actively advised many of our customers to not use some of our initial features, despite their being a very high demand for it in a particular period. We stopped offering those features and let our customers to go shop for them elsewhere. 3.5 years in, I can tell you it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Every little thing that doesn’t move you forward, sets you backward in some way.

Hope that helps!

4 Likes